Fri, 19 Aug|
2022 UWA Grand Challenges: Start-Up Pitch Night
Be the change! Tackle one of the biggest SDG aligned challenges facing our generation!
Time & Location
19 Aug, 5:30 pm – 22 Aug, 5:30 pm
Ezone, Crawley WA 6009, Australia
About the event
Brought to you by Venture and Enactus, sponsored by UWA Grand Challenges. Students are presented with a range of SDG aligned challenges to ideate a solution designed to meet that challenge.
Kick off 5:00PM Friday 19th August
Hack away over the weekendKeen for a shot at $1000?
Gear up your entrepreneurial skills to tackle some of the most complex global issues. Time to apply the skills you've learnt on the show we all know and love, Shark Tank!
Teams of up to 5 are invited to participate in the inaugural Grand Challenges Start-Up Pitch Night. Open to all UWA students!
You’ll be given hands-on opportunity to address the world’s biggest problems, particularly focusing on:
- How do we develop a more equitable world post-covid?
- How do we tackle the generational challenge of climate change?
After a brief kick-off session, you will be given 48 hours to come up with a slide deck demonstrating how you would design a profit or not-for-profit business that can contribute to solving the issues described above.
All teams will be paired with a specially selected mentor from our world-class industry partners to help guide you through your creative process.
Wondering what you’ll gain out of participating in the pitch night?
- Meet like-minded entrepreneurs and change-makers
- The opportunity to have a real social impact
- Team coaching with a specially selected professional mentor who will help you through your creative process
- A chance to be integrated into Venture's Incubator and present at Enactus Nationals 2023 in Melbourne
- Last but definitely not least, a shot at a $1000 prize pool
AGENDA - Kickstart Session - 5:30PM Friday, August 19 - 48 Hour Competition Time - 11:59PM Friday, August 19 - 11:59PM Sunday, August 21 - Pitchnight - 5:30PM Monday, August 22
RSVP and watch this space for more information!
Pitch Night Monday 22nd August
Particpants will be supported by mentors and prizes are available for first, second and third place and all winners get the opportunity to entre Ventures Incubator for Social and Environmental Impact!
Want more information? Email email@example.com